The Information we Collect
We collect information relating to you including name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit/ debit card information ('personal information').
How and when do we collect your personal information?
When you provide information to us by:
- registering on the Website for an online account or otherwise contact us to obtain information relating to us or our services,
- updating the 'Your Online Account', 'Your Address Book' or 'Your Order Details' section of the Website,
- communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or competition entry form
Information from other sources
- We receive information from third parties we use in providing services to you from time to time (including delivery and address information from our carriers and account and credit history information from credit bureaux and sources we use to process payments.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us - including, for example, to:
- respond to your enquiries,
- handle orders, deliver items and process payments,
- communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers,
- update our records and maintain any on-line account you may have with us,
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website,
- market research, reporting, analysis and modelling so as to improve the products and services we provide,
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
When do we share your personal information?
We only share your personal information with our other offices, our agents or third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes,
- if we buy or sell our stores or business units personal information is one of the transferred asset,
- where it is necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may share your personal information with other companies and organisations,
- in other circumstances, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your information.
How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
If you have consented we will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you agree we may use Google Customer Match. This service matches a list of email addresses we hold to users signed in with Google in order to allow the display of personalised advertising. You may opt-out of the use of your email address for this purpose.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different to ours. You should consult the privacy notices of those third party sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by them.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the 'lifetime' of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our Website we send you a cookie.
Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to enable the personalisation features on our Website (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line),
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our Website and to help us improve the structure of our Website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
The cookies we use are set out in the table below.
|This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.||Google Analytics||1 day||_gid|
|This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.||Google Analytics||2 years||_ga|
|Inspectlet (3rd party)||1 year||__insp_targlpt|
|Inspectlet (3rd party)||1 year||__insp_targlpu|
|Inspectlet (3rd party)||1 year||__insp_nv|
|Inspectlet (3rd party)||1 year||__insp_wid|
|Inspectlet (3rd party)||long-term cookie that contains random ID assigned to visitor||__insp_uid|
|Inspectlet (3rd party)||1 year||__insp_slim|
|SLI provide the software for the ‘search’ function on our site. When you visit the search box at the top of our site and put in your search term, they will manage this process. They provide us with all search related data - such as what the most popular search terms are.||SLI Systems||Timestamp of last search, expiry 6 months||SLI4_1336870857|
|SLI provide the software for the ‘search’ function on our site. When you visit the search box at the top of our site and put in your search term, they will manage this process. They provide us with all search related data - such as what the most popular search terms are.||SLI Systems||Unique id for the user, expiry 2 years||SLIBeacon_1336870857|
|We use this cookie to keep track of guest user preferences until such time as they decide to create an account on the website.||Spree eCommerce||20 years||guest_token|
|Measuring anonymous click behaviour on the website and traffic to the website in order to improve user experience on the website.||Snowplow (3rd party)||Maximum 2 years||_sp_id.5768|
|The '__cfduid' cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information. More information here.||CloudFlare||5 years||__cfduid|
|Implied Consent EU Cookie Law Banner||10 years||eu_cookie_banner|
|Used to store the most recently visted category page. Helpful when generating breadcrumbs that are more accurate to the users journey.||31 days||last_category_visited|
You can accept or decline 'cookies' by modifying the setting in your browser. Please note that if you disable 'cookies' you may not be able to use all the features of our Website.
How do we keep your information secure?
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online and through POS. We use a secure online order form for all purchases made via the Website. All data transmitted via this form (including credit card details) is 128bit encrypted so it is transmitted securely. To verify this, when placing an order using the Website a padlock will appear in your browser. It is normally in the status bar, towards the right hand side, at the bottom of your browser window. You can double click this padlock to verify that the secure certificate has been issued to the Website.
Our security is guaranteed by the certificate provider Verisign.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
Revisions to this Privacy Statement
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies from time to time to all information that we have about you.
How to Contact us
Fortnum & Mason plc.
Registered in England : 00084909
Registered office: 181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER.